Step 1: Speak to Building Professionals
If you intend to renovate, build or develop property speak to your prefered building professional such as Builder, Accredited Certifier or Town Planner who can tell you about:
- The rules for developing the particular site under council’s Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and relevant State planning policies
- Any obligations you will have under planning legislation
- What pre-commencement works must also take place
- The development assessment process
- Any issues that might affect the development and use of the site.
This information will help you work out what approvals are required. If your proposal is classi ed as ‘exempt development’, you will not require approval.